Learn more about working with students with special needs
This self-access online course is aimed at all primary and secondary level teachers working with learners with special needs. It is suitable for all teachers, not just SEN (Special Educational Needs) specialists.
The situations presented in the course are taken from the English language learning environment, but the content is applicable to all subject areas.
The course will help to:
- inform teachers about a range of special educational needs and how they affect teaching and learning
- give teachers a set of teaching strategies which promote inclusive learning and benefit all pupils
- guide teachers in developing an inclusive approach in their classroom or school
- support teachers in becoming more confident when dealing with learners with special educational needs
- help teachers identify and overcome their own biases and prejudices.
35 hours over 11 weeks; 3 hours per individual unit of self-study
Part of: Stages 2, 3 and 4 of the CPD framework
Level of English required: B1+
The course is 100% self-access without assessment but if you choose to complete a portfolio, which is assessed by a tutor, you are given a final assessment of Excellent/Satisfactory/Development required.