Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
|Tests we offer||Fee||Book|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
(Academic and General Training)
|264 euros||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||175 euros||Book now|
What you need to book:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above) or or you can download this booking form and apply at your test centre.
- Pay for your test. You can only pay for your test through our online registration system. Details are provided in the registration process.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation of your booking. You will receive an email with the start time of your test and venue details a week before the test at the latest.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before your main test day or 2 days after. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal . Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.