Improve your teaching skills for primary school
If you want an introduction to teaching English to young learners aged 7 to 11, then this course is for you. Using video, audio and community elements, you will learn the essentials to help you succeed in your teaching.
46 – 50 hours over 12 weeks
Part of: Stages 2 and 3 of the CPD framework.
Level of English required: B2+
The course aims to help you :
- Identify some of the key areas associated with teaching English to children
- Identify key techniques for using songs and games to enhance children’s learning
- Understand how different learning styles affect the way we learn and identify different techniques for exploiting different learning styles
- Define how lesson planning is linked to syllabus and curriculum and explain how the curriculum can define what and how you teach
- Identify a variety of classroom management factors which affect the learning conditions in the young learner classroom.