What is social enterprise?
Social enterprises employ business approaches to address social and environmental problems and enhance their communities. They combine the entrepreneurial approaches and trading methods of the private sector with the social mission and public values of the voluntary and public sector.
Engaging social entrepreneurs across Europe
Through our work in this area we want to engage social entrepreneurs in the UK and across Europe to look for new ways of doing business and of tackling Europe’s current economic and social challenges, especially among young unemployed and disadvantaged populations:
- We work with social entrepreneurs, communities, schools and universities, think tanks, government agencies and NGOs.
- We provide opportunities to network and develop partnership ideas through international events and study tours to and from the UK.
- We develop training programmes to support social entrepreneurs in increasing the impact of their work.
- We explore funding schemes with partners to create more investment opportunities in social entrepreneurship.
- We offer deeper understanding of working principles and bring together key stakeholders to share experiences and discuss policy.